Tomas O’Grady! Oh my goodness. We are starting a series of edible gardening initiatives at Nightingale middle school which is located in Cypress Park. We are getting smarter. We are working smarter. More and more we are working with partners. Working together anything’s possible.
We did the first garden on Saturday March 10th 2012.
We did not do it alone.
Our partners were;
- The Nightingale initiative. This is a partnership on site between common studio, the Pearson foundation’s New Learning Institute and the administration of the school. We worked with Daniel Phillips, Kim Karlsrud and Nancy Chau. Wonderful people and super smart.
- AmeriCorps Weingart Center Association. Thank you so much to Angela Delos Santos and all of their crew.
- The Los Angeles Mission. Thank you to Joanna Bomba and Herb Smith for your generous help!
- Los Angeles Conservation Corp’s After School Program.
- The Principal, Enrique Gonzalez and his staff at the school. Super cooperative, super easy-going and clearly very interested in what is best for his students.
The new “farm:” is coming soon!